Sunday, July 22, 2007

Photography

Most of us enjoy being photographed or taking photographs or even both!
One needn't have to go through classes to be able to take fairly decent pictures. If you own a camera and you come across something that catches your attention, chances are you will end up taking a picture of it.
Now I'd like you to meet Queenie (the cat you see on the right). She belongs to a dear friend of mine. Cats are adorable animals (though I'm sure there are many cat haters out there). I couldn't resist the temptation and ended up clicking a bunch of random pictures of the cat. But this particular one came out fairly well. Reminds me of something you'll find in a 'desktop background' website. I would be lying if I said that I was concentrating real hard on getting this shot. It was a random click!
So what I'm trying to say is, you don't really need one of those fancy expensive cameras (with all the details) or a degree in photography to be able to take good pictures. All you need is motivation (in this case the cat really motivated me, being the sweetheart that she is!).

4 comments:

Abdul said...

nice photo :)

expensive camera means more flexibility and freedom. i agree to the point that ordinary cameras can give out good results.. at the same time an expensive one raises the probability of effective photos in randomn clicks.

Anonymous said...

" at the same time an expensive one raises the probability of effective photos in randomn clicks "

Abdul, i think the expensive kind are used by professionals for random clicks only... say wild life photography, where you have no time to ask the animal to pose for you :P

Photography is not just clicking beautiful pictures, its also about the mood that the photographer is in at the time of the shoot, that is probably a point made by Riju here !!

Abdul said...

for randomn clicks only ???
I don't see wildlife photography is random clicks. You need a whole lot of preparation for that. You might get one or two randomn shots. Other than that it is a well calculated and planned activity. [weather, lighting, lens, luck, etc]

Certainly its not about clicking.. that's all I could agree with.

As for me I bought a good gear recently and couldn't be happier ever since !

Anonymous said...

Queenie looks contemplative. I agree with you on the fact that you dont require a great camera nor professional training in order to capture a great shot. However, these would increase your chances in taking a good shot on a consistent basis. But if you have natural talent, then there is nothing like it.. ;)

Namaskaram

Anonym